Prep time1 hour 20 minutes
Servings1 Large Trifle / 4-6 Individual Trifles
As Mother’s Day approaches, you may be looking for a creative way to show the mom in your life how special she is. Our latest recipe, whipped up incollaboration with Alison Mahoney, aka The Singing Baker, takes our delicious double chocolate gluten free cookies and blasts them into — pardon the pun — the mother of all desserts, a sweet, scrumptious Neapolitan Cheesecake Trifle.
Cradled in a crumbled, chocolatey layer of our wholesome cookies, this indulgent strawberry and cream treat — which Alison calls “Mum-believable” — will have mom (and the entire family) craving seconds. So make sure to order plenty of cookies! Remember that for every Nunbelievable cookie you buy we donate a meal to one of our impact partners working to solve the hunger crisis in America. Order them here.
- 2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese (room temp)
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cup of Strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, (cold)
- 8 Nunbelievable Double Chocolate
- Chip Cookies, crumbled
- 6 Tbsp Strawberry Liquer
- 5 Cups of Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Liqueur
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Strawberries for Decoration
- Cut the strawberries (save 4-5 for decoration) into 2-inch chunks and place in a large bowl and add 1/4 Cup of Sugar and 2 Tbsp of strawberry liqueur, mix together and set aside.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, strawberries, and vanilla into a blender or food processor and blend until totally smooth.
- Add 1/2 Cup of heavy whipping cream and blend until incorporated.
- When the whipping cream is fully incorporated, add in the remaining 1/2 Cup whipping cream.
- Cover the cream cheese mixture with plastic wrap - being sure the plastic is touching the cheesecake mixture and place in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the trifle.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream topping by pouring 1 Cup of heavy whipping cream and 1/2 sugar into the bowl of a mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form, and place the whipped cream in the refrigerator until assembly.
- Prep the additional ingredients for assembly by crumbling the cookies and measure out the remaining liqueur into a small bowl.
- Time to assemble!
- Take a pastry brush and generously brush the base of the trifle bowl, bowl, or individual glasses with it.
- Cover the base of the trifle with a thin layer of cookies.
- Spoon in the strawberry cheesecake filling - use an offset spatula to spread it evenly to the edges of the trifle bowl.
- Top with a layer of macerated berries and repeat ending with a strawberry layer.
- Decorate with the whipping cream and whole strawberries.
- Place in the refrigerator and set for at least an hour before serving.